[Air-L] Wikipedia bias detector (invitation to prototype testing)

Marta Delatte martadelatte at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 08:04:18 PDT 2016

Dear friends,

I'm about to submit a manuscript for the upcoming issue on Feminist
engagements with archives and new modes of History published by the
Australian Feminist Studies and I would love to have a bit more activity on
the Wikipedia bias detector that we are building and I am presenting in
this paper. That is why I'm asking you If you feel like exploring the
feature a bit.

When accessing the prototype you will be able to explore a few Wikipedia
categories and react with the feedback buttons if you think that there is
any biased information. This prototype will be adapted to be used during
the upcoming art+feminism edit-a-thon, if you wish to participate in the
project please contact me as well and we can discuss it.

here the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mgYvTuUphE

STEPS TO FOLLOW

1. To access the prototype please follow this link -->
http://net.wanderingliquen.com/
2. You need to register
3. Choose a map to explore
4. Red nodes indicate controversy
5. You can check the information on Wikipedia
6. Do you think it is biased? React
7. Keep exploring

for more info on the research project please visit
https://wanderingliquen.com/

thanks!

Marta  Delatte
creative director and co-founder