[Air-L] AoIR 2016 Conference Code of Conduct

Mia Consalvo mconsalvo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:59:04 PDT 2016

While it isn't specific to the Berlin conference I would point out that
AoIR as an organization has a Diversity and Inclusivity Statement:

http://aoir.org/diversity-and-inclusivity/

best,
Mia

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 4:17 PM, sava saheli singh <savasaheli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am looking forward to attending AoIR 2016, but I was dismayed to hear
> that there is no code of conduct in place for the conference. I reached out
> to the conference organizers asking about this, and they said they were not
> familiar with a code of conduct but suggested I bring it up for discussion
> during the General Meeting at the conference.
>
> I appreciate that I was invited to bring the idea to the Executive
> Committee during AoIR16, but I think the right time to have a code of
> conduct in place is *before* the conference so that there is something in
> place to address anything untoward that might occur, and be clear to
> attendees that they have recourse to help and safety should they need it.
>
> I encourage members to consider establishing a code of conduct for our
> conference before the conference. I had shared this resource with the
> conference organizers, and I share it here as well:
> http://incisive.nu/2014/codes-of-conduct/. it is a good starting point,
> and
> includes links to other useful resources.
>
> I am happy to contribute in anyway, and I hope those involved in the
> conference and the community also take this on.
>
> look forward to seeing many of you in Berlin,
> sava
>

> --
> sava saheli singh
> PhD Candidate | Adjunct Instructor | Program Assistant
> Educational Communication and Technology Program
> <http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/alt/ect>
> NYU Steinhardt

Mia Consalvo, Ph.D.
Professor and Canada Research Chair in Game Studies & Design
Director, the mLab
Exec Board, Centre for Technoculture, Art & Games (TAG)
Author of Atari to Zelda: Japan's Videogames in Global Context, 2016, MIT
Press
Co-author of Players and their Pets, 2015, U of Minnesota Press

Concordia University
7141 Sherbrooke Street West
CJ Bldg, 4.407
Montreal, Quebec