[Air-L] open rank positions at NeRDS (New Research on Digital Society) group

Dariusz Jemielniak dariusz.jemielniak at fulbrightmail.org
Wed Apr 5 01:29:16 PDT 2017

hi,

I am posting this job post here, hoping that it fits the list's general
interest profile, and that you will help me spread the word, if you find it
relevant..

Many apologies for cross-posting!

best,

dj

===================================

 NeRDS (New Research on Digital Societies) <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>
 group at Kozminski University <http://www.kozminski.edu.pl/en/>
 (Poland), a leading research-driven business school in the heart of
Europe, is seeking to fill *one or more open rank positions*.

The candidates should specify if they are applying for a position of:

   - – research and teaching assistant (*asystent*),
   - – assistant professor (*adiunkt*),
   - – associate professor (*profesor nadzwyczajny*), or
   - – full professor (*profesor zwyczajny*).

The research areas of particular interest for the candidates include:

   - – open collaboration and peer production,
   - – sharing economy and platform capitalism,
   - – digital humanities,
   - – critical studies of online communities,
   - – sociology of the internet,
   - – Big Data analysis,
   - – network society,
   - – virtual ethnography.

*About you:*

A successful candidate should have a strong academic record matching the
position they are applying for. In the case of an associate and full
professor ranks, a strong publication record in the JCR-listed journals and
the leading academic publishers, as well as a proven successful grant
applications track record are expected.

Full proficiency in written and oral English is necessary (level C2 and
above). Fluency in Polish is not a requirement, but in the long run can be
useful. If you do not speak Polish, we would certainly hope that you will
be willing to learn it. Other things we value include:

   - – extended experience from abroad,
   - – combined educational background from different fields or documented
   research experience in both qualitative and quantitative projects,
   - – strong academic orientation,
   - – good presentation and teaching skills,
   - – documented academic interests related to studying online communities.

We do not restrict the background of candidates to a particular field, as
we believe that good research can be inspired and developed from different
angles. However, we understand that the position may appeal particularly to
people doing research in management, organization studies, sociology,
anthropology, media studies, information science, or digital humanities.

We are equally interested in people apt in qualitative and quantitative
approaches, with a slight preference to those, who are able to do both.

*About us:*

NeRDS group is a highly informal, relatively young team of researchers. We
follow participative decision-making principles and, if invited for an
interview, you can expect being interviewed and evaluated by all members of
the team, irrespective of the rank you are applying for.

We put great emphasis on internationalization and high academic standards.
Over the last five years, NeRDS group members have gone on one-year
research stays to Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, Cornell University, University of California Berkeley, or New
York University, among others. We regularly publish in JCR-listed journals,
and publish books in the leading academic presses (e.g. Stanford University
Press, Edward Elgar, Ashgate, Routledge).

Some of us are social movements activists (and e.g. serve on the Board of
Trustees of Wikimedia Foundation or are engaged in the city movements),
some are involved in the start-up culture (mentoring, seed funds,
developing own businesses, etc.), and we generally value bringing a diverse
experience to the table.

We believe that research should be stellar solid and of high quality, but
that it also should be fun. We offer flexibility, a lot of independence,
and a friendly working culture. Also, our teaching load can be very
generous (read: low).

NeRDS participates in the international Network of Centers
<https://networkofcenters.net/>

.

More info: http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/open-positions-digital-c
ulture-studies/

--

_________________________________
check out my ethnography of Wikipedia:

Reviews:
Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
Pacific Standard:
http://www.psmag.com/navigation/books-and-culture/killed-wikipedia-93777/
Motherboard: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/an-ethnography-of-wikipedia
Inside HigherED:
*https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/library-babel-fish/common-knowledge-jemielniak-wikipeda
<https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/library-babel-fish/common-knowledge-jemielniak-wikipeda>*
The Wikipedian:
http://thewikipedian.net/2014/10/10/dariusz-jemielniak-common-knowledge

Dariusz Jemielniak, Ph.D.
Professor of Management
Chair of International Management Department
head of the Center for Research on Organizations and Workplaces (CROW)
Kozminski University
http://www.crow.kozminski.edu.pl
New Research on Digital Societies (NeRDS) group:
http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl  <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl>