[Air-L] Call for participants for phone/Skype interviews: Study on doxing/private info put online WITHOUT your consent

K Eckert stine.eckert at wayne.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:58:55 PDT 2017

Dear All

I am looking for participants for a study on doxxing, please spread my call for participants below widely.

Thank you!

Stine

Call for participants: Has your private information been released online without your permission?

We seek people whose private information has been released online without their permission. This private information then can be used for harassing people. This process is also called doxxing. In this study we seek to better understand the experience of being doxxed and its impact on people and online communication.

Are you

•      over 18 years old

•      and have had private information released online by others without your permission?

We will interview you via phone/Skype/Google hang out for about 30-45 minutes. Your name will be confidential and won’t be used in the study.

If you are interested in participating or have questions, email:

stine.eckert at wayne.edu<mailto:stine.eckert at wayne.edu>

Dr. Stine Eckert

Wayne State University

* This study is approved by the IRB of Wayne State University.

Stine Eckert, Ph.D.

Vice-Chair Feminist Scholarship Division, ICA

Assistant Professor

Department of Communication

571 Manoogian Hall

Wayne State University