[Air-L] WEBCAST TODAY: The Future of Broadband Privacy and the Open Internet—Who Will Protect Consumers?

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Apr 17 12:14:21 PDT 2017

This has just started.

I got a lot of response to my earlier posting of the Princeton forum
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9106> on this topic.There's definitely concern.
Susan Crawford wrote an Op-Ed
<https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/17/opinion/donald-trumps-multi-pronged-attack-on-the-internet.html>
in
the NY Times today. New America points out that Congress Act hobbles the
FCC from enacting similar rules in the future, pushing the ball firmly into
the FTC's court. Can they field it?

joly posted: "Today, Monday April 17 2017 at 3pm EDT (19:00 UTC) the Open
Technology Institute and Public Knowledge will host The Future of Broadband
Privacy and the Open Internet—Who Will Protect Consumers?, which will
discuss the recent Congressional repeal of the FC"

[image: Open Technology Institute]
<https://www.newamerica.org/oti/>Today, *Monday
April 17 2017* at *3pm EDT* (19:00 UTC) the* Open Technology Institute
<https://www.newamerica.org/oti/>* and *Public Knowledge
<https://www.publicknowledge.org/>* will host *The Future of Broadband
Privacy and the Open Internet—Who Will Protect Consumers?
<https://www.newamerica.org/oti/events/future-broadband-privacywho-will-protect-consumers/>*,
which will discuss the recent Congressional repeal of the FCC's ISP privacy
rules. Speakers: *Terrell McSweeny*, Commissioner, Federal Trade
Commission- @TMcSweenyFTC; *Laura Moy*, Deputy Director, Georgetown Center
for Privacy and Technology - @lauramoy; *Tom Struble*, Policy Counsel, Tech
Freedom - @tstruble. Moderator: *Sarah Morris*, Director of Open Internet
Policy, Open Technology Institute - @sarmorris. The event will be webcast