[Air-L] AoIR Election Schedule Updates

Michelle, AoIR Association Coordinator ac at aoir.org
Wed Apr 19 03:11:12 PDT 2017

Dear AoIR Members,

We are in the middle of our election process. The actual voting will begin
on 24 April 2017. You must be a current AoIR member to vote.

*NOW* is the time to ask questions of your potential Executive Committee
Members. Right now is the Open Discussion session with your candidates. Ask
questions. Read responses to the questions already asked. Get involved!

*Graduate Students *- You should read through the candidate statements and
ask questions. The individual elected as Graduate Student Representative will
be representing you for two years on AoIR's Executive Committee.

*AoIR Members *- The individuals running for the Executive Committee will
shape the next two years of your association. The individual elected as
Vice-President will be on the Executive Committee for 6 years. Make sure
the individuals selected will represent this association as it moves
forward.

To see the candidate statements and to ask them questions, log in to the
AoIR membership system at members.aoir.org.

*To log in,* you need to know the email that you used to register as a
member and your password. (If you've forgotten your password, you can
follow the on-screen instructions to have a new one emailed to you. If
you've forgotten the email you used to register, please contact Association
Coordinator Michelle Gardner at ac <at> aoir.org.) Once you've logged in,
you'll find the candidate statements under Members -> Elections ->
Candidate Statements and you'll see a link there for the discussions as
well. Each discussion includes a Reply button that you can use to
participate.

Log in and get to know the candidates and please vote!

*Reminder of election time table:*
1. Call for Nominations: opens March 20, 2017 and will remain open for
fifteen (15) days.
2. Nominations close for all positions April 3, 2017.
3. Candidates will be listed on aoir.org and further information will be
made available on our membership system, where discussion forums will let
you ask questions of the candidates.
4. Voting begins April 24, 2017 at our online balloting site and will
remain open for ten (10) days. (Details for accessing this site will be
sent in a later message through our membership system.)
5. Voting ends May 3, 2017, expiring at 12:00 noon, U.S. Eastern Time in
the State of Delaware.

Election results will be announced on air-l. The new committee is formally
introduced and assumes its duties during the AoIR conference in Tartu,
18-21 October 2017.

We are grateful to all the candidates for putting their names forward. Your
willingness to help form the future of AoIR is appreciated!

Regards,
Michelle
AoIR Association Coordinator