[Air-L] Apps as social control

Alfred BOWN (ENG) alfredbown at hsmc.edu.hk
Mon Apr 24 18:52:09 PDT 2017

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any scholarly articles dealing with
mobile applications as tools for the state and corporate control or
regulation of individuals?

I am starting some work on this, from major social apps like FB and WeChat
(I am in China) to official government apps like the 15 state apps created
for the New York council and government. Looking to explore the ways in
which these applications create new possibilities for social control, and
wondering if anyone has any articles on the subject - or related - to
recommend.

All best
Alfie

*Hang Seng Management College is incorporated in Hong Kong with limited
liability by guarantee.*

This e-mail may be confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the
addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you
have received this message in error, please delete it and notify the
sender by return e-mail. Thank you!