[Air-L] Nvivo for facebook pages

Marisa von Bülow marisavonbulow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 09:43:47 PDT 2017

Our research group at the University of Brasilia (Brazil) has used
NVivo/NCapture to capture and analyze data of Facebook pages, but recently
has bumped into two serious issues:

a) the dataset won't open in NVivo (when we asked for help, NVivo personnel
said this happened because of date problems, which we have not been able to
solve). We just switched to Netvizz and then opened the dataset on NVivo to
do content analysis of posts.
b) we have noticed differences in the amount of information gathered by
NCapture in comparison with Netvizz. There are chunks of periods in which
posts have not been collected by NCapture (and we confirmed that the data
is there), which has surprised us, because we had not previously had this
problem.

I am happy to talk to you about these and other issues.

Marisa