[Air-L] Learning big data analysis from scratch

Peter Timusk peterotimusk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 00:36:47 PDT 2017

Check out IBM's free online courses. https://bigdatauniversity.com/

Or SAS University edition. https://www.sas.com/en_ca/software/university-edition.html

Really (IMHE) it mostly becomes a matter of learning softwares or programming languages, learning statistical models and then combining this with your subject matter knowledge of what to measure and how good that measure will be.

And thing big samples. Not a small sample of under 30 interviews. Think like 30,000 respondents. You can still do qualitative analysis at 30,000 respondents. I may be correct.

Peter Timusk
I do not speak for my employer or associations that I belong to, or volunteer with unless otherwise noted.