[Air-L] Book Announcement: Queer Game Studies

Adrienne Shaw tue86728 at temple.edu
Mon Apr 10 07:18:45 PDT 2017

Dear all,

My co-editor Bonnie Ruberg and I are excited to announce the release
of our collection Queer Game Studies, out now from University of
Minnesota Press. If you do research and/or teach in the areas of
gender, sexuality, and games, we hope you'll give it a look.

https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/queer-game-studies

https://www.amazon.com/Queer-Game-Studies-Bonnie-Ruberg/dp/1517900379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491600606&sr=8-1&keywords=queer+game+studies

Queer Game Studies is the first volume to explore LGBTQ issues in
video games from a diverse range of perspectives. Our hope is that it
speaks to game studies, queer studies, and feminist media studies more
broadly. Contributors to the volume include:

Leigh Alexander
Gregory Bagnall
Hanna Brady
Mattie Brice
Derek Burrill
Edmond Chang
Naomi Clark
Katherine Cross
Aubrey Gabrel
Christopher Goetz
Jack Halberstam
Todd Harper
Larissa Hjorth
Chelsea Howe
Jesper Juul
merritt kopas
Colleen Macklin
Amanda Phillips
Gabriela Richard
Toni Rocca
Bonnie Ruberg
Adrienne Shaw
Sara Schoemann
Kathryn Bond Stockton
Zoya Street
Peter Wonica
Robert Yang
Jordan Youngblood

--
Adrienne Shaw
Assistant Professor

Office Hours: Tuesday 4-6pm
Email Hours: M-F 10am-12pm

Founder of the LGBTQ Game Archive: https://lgbtqgamearchive.com/

Author of:
Gaming at the Edge: Sexuality and Gender at the Margins of Gamer
Culture, University of Minnesota Press, 2014
(http://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/gaming-at-the-edge)

Co-editor of:
Queer Game Studies, with Bonnie Ruberg, University of Minnesota Press,
2017 (https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/queer-game-studies)

Queer Technologies: Affordances, affects, ambivalence, with Katherine
Sender, Routledge, 2017
(https://www.routledge.com/Queer-Technologies-Affordances-Affect-Ambivalence/Sender-Shaw/p/book/9780415789486)