[Air-L] AoIR Elections -- Join the Discussion

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at syr.edu
Mon Apr 10 14:27:39 PDT 2017

Election season for AoIR is here, and we need you to participate!

We have a fantastic set of candidates for elected positions of the Association. They are listed at the bottom of this email.

AoIR has routinely held a period before voting for you to ask questions of the candidates. To see their statements and to ask them questions, log in to the AoIR membership system at members.aoir.org.

If you're not a member, this would be a great time to join so that you can participate in discussions with the candidates and vote in the election. Go to Aoir.org to become a member.
To log in, you need to know the email that you used to register as a member and your password. (If you've forgotten your password, you can follow the on-screen instructions to have a new one emailed to you. If you've forgotten the email you used to register, please contact Association Coordinator Michelle Gardner at ac <at> aoir.org.) Once you've logged in, you'll find the candidate statements under Members -> Elections -> Candidate Statements and you'll see a link there for the discussions as well. Each discussion includes a Reply button that you can use to participate.
Log in and get to know the candidates and please vote! Voting will open April 24th and close May 3rd. We use an online voting system and details on how to vote will come when the voting period starts.
Thanks to all the candidates for their willingness to serve and their desire to make AoIR even better, and thanks in advance to all of our AoIR members (and soon-to-be-members!) for your participation in the election process.
~Jenny Stromer-Galley
President, AoIR

Nominees:
Vice President:
*Jakob Linaa Jensen, Danish School of Media and Journalism
*Lynn Schofield Clark, University of Denver

Treasurer:
*Kelly Quinn, University of Illinois at Chicago

Secretary:
*Jaime Banks, West Virginia University
*Daren Brabham, University of Southern California

Graduate Student Representative:
*Olga Boichak, Syracuse University
*Desara Dushi, University of Bologna
*Devin Gaffney, Northeastern University
*Kate Miltner, University of Southern California

Open Seat (vote for 3):
*Crystal Abidin, National University of Singapore/Jonkoping University
*Mathias Klang, University of Massachusetts-Boston
*Iona Literat, Columbia University
*Paul Nixon, The Hague University of Applied Sciences
*Jack Qiu, Chinese University of Hong King
*Nathan Rambukkana, Wilfrid Laurier University
*Luca Rossi, IT University of Copenhagen
*Panayiota Tsatsou, University of Leicester
*Jacqueline Vickery, University of North Texas
*Dylan Wittkower, Old Dominion University