[Air-L] 3 year Lecturer post in Social Media at Maynooth University, Ireland

Kylie Jarrett Kylie.Jarrett at nuim.ie
Thu Apr 13 09:13:34 PDT 2017

Maynooth University Media Studies Department (it’s in Ireland) is seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as a Lecturer in Social Media to begin in September 2017, for a period of 3 years. The successful applicant will contribute to our developing degree programme combining studies of broadcast and digital media from both theoretical and practical perspectives and a new MA in critical and creative media, as well as the department’s dynamic research environment. The post involves the teaching of introductory and specialized undergraduate and postgraduate modules in media and cultural studies, postgraduate supervision and administrative duties associated with teaching and other areas of departmental activity. The ideal candidate will hold a PhD in Media Studies or a cognate field, have a record of research and scholarship in the critical analysis of social media and a preferred experience with qualitative research methods.

The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile, that supports the University’s research strategy including affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate and working with colleagues on national and international research. The appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of international standard.

 More details here: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies/lecturerassistant-lecturer-social-media-department-media-studies

Or contact me – Kylie Jarrett – you can find me.

Dr. Kylie Jarrett

Department of Media Studies
Maynooth University
Maynooth