[Air-L] Anonymizing Twitter handles

xDxD.vs.xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 00:14:44 PDT 2017

Hello

there are also other things to keep in mind: for both ethical and legal
purposes.

For example there is the notion of geographic singularities:

If in a certain geographical area there are only one, or a few, points (for
example geo referenced tweets or instagram posts) it could be fairly easy
to identify them even if their nicknames had been anonymized.

In this case further levels of anonymization would be needed. (or even
getting rid of the items)

In any case: there is a wealth of cases in which the content alone, or its
context, make it easy to identify the subject, even if anonymized. These
require more complex actions to preserve people's rights.

cheers!
Salvatore

ᐧ