[Air-L] Nvivo for facebook pages

Shulman, Stu stu at texifter.com
Thu Apr 20 06:08:04 PDT 2017

Complete datasets will never be (and never were) possible for Facebook
because of the degraded function of the Open Graph API. They are somewhat
possible using Gnip-enabled services for historical Twitter, as long as you
discount the deleted Tweets in your measure of completeness, and they are
truly possible with Gnip real time services for Twitter data.

I would add to the discussion of completeness, specifically with respect to
content analysis: unless you review the data using the Twitter or Facebook
display, it is degraded and incomplete. A spreadsheet of Twitter or
Facebook posts is a poor approximation of the rich visual content enabled
in the live display. In many cases, the meaning of a Tweet or a Facebook
post is incomprehensible without the visual referent that was the cause of
the post.

~Stu

Dr. Stuart W. Shulman
Founder and CEO, Texifter