[Air-L] Displaying All YouTube Comments?

Maurice Vergeer m.vergeer at maw.ru.nl
Mon Apr 24 10:48:28 PDT 2017

Hi Claudia,

I'm not sure it's possible to collect all comments. The YouTube API
delivers 100 comments maximum (
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/comments/list). To download
the comments can be done with R tuber (
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/tuber/tuber.pdf).
If you need more you could try scraping the comments, but I am not sure
this will work on YouTube.

Hope his helps
Maurice

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Claudia Nazario <cnazario at email.arizona.edu
> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Is anyone aware of how to display all pages/comments a video has received
> on YouTube at the same time (instead of clicking on "Show More" to load
> additional comments)?
>
> I want to use a web tool to analyze the comments, but need all comments
> visible simultaneously.
>
> Thank you in advance for any suggestions and/or alternatives.
>
> --
>
> Claudia Nazario
>
> Ph.D. Candidate, Spanish & Portuguese
>
> University of Arizona
>

> At the University of Arizona, "Anyone who directly witnesses a bias or hate
> incident, believes they are a victim of bias or hate activity, or becomes
> aware of an incident of bias or hate are encouraged to report the incident
> to the Dean of Students Office and/or UAPD. Reports may be made
> anonymously."
> https://arizona-advocate.symplicity.com/public_report/index.php/pid348626?

Maurice Vergeer
To contact me, see http://mauricevergeer.nl/node/5