[Air-L] Learning big data analysis from scratch

Jennifer Englund englu061 at umn.edu
Fri Apr 21 18:06:25 PDT 2017

Hi Luis,

I'm getting a sense of the basics through some Lynda.com video tutorials.

My university has a subscription - maybe yours would as well?
Alternatively, many public libraries have subscriptions too. The helpful
piece about having access to a subscription is using the exercise files
associated with some of the tutorials.

Hope that helps,

Jennifer

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:20 PM Luis Hestres <Luis.Hestres at utsa.edu> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> One of my perennial goals is to learn how to do big data research from
> scratch. Is there a comprehensive resource, such a a book or website, that
> walks you through all the steps if you don’t have a programming or database
> management background?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luis
>
> - - - - -
> Dr. Luis E. Hestres
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Communication
> The University of Texas at San Antonio
> One UTSA Circle
> San Antonio, TX 78249-0732
> http://www.luishestres.com<http://www.luishestres.com/>
>
> Want to support our tax deductible nonprofit work by contributing to the
> UTSA department of communication?
> Please visit: https://giving.utsa.edu/FriendsofCommunication
> Thanks for your support!

Jennifer Englund
Academic Technology Support Services | z.umn.edu/atss
PhD student | Learning Technologies
<http://www.cehd.umn.edu/ci/Academic-Programs/Research-Degrees/LT.html>
University of Minnesota | umn.edu
englu061 at umn.edu | 612.625.1344 | @jmenglund03
<https://twitter.com/jmenglund03>
Pronouns: she/her/hers | Why pronouns matter
<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why/>