[Air-L] Search Tool for Hashtags within Specific Instagram User Accounts?

Megan Wahl megan.m.meyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:09:18 PDT 2017

Dear All,

I am a current PhD candidate conducting Instagram research and was referred
to this list serve by my professor. I am hoping you can assist in a quick
question I have as I develop the methods section of my dissertation.

For a portion of my study, I am requesting access to (if not already
public) participant Instagram accounts of those enrolled. From participant
Instagram feeds, I would like to search for and identify the number of
images with a particular hashtag as well as the top 10 images with that
hashtag based on number of likes.

Is there a tool you are aware of that I could use to extract this sort of
data for specific user accounts vs the entire Instagram platform?

I'm familiar with the hashtag searching functions on platforms such as
Netlytic but would like to narrow the search functionality to only the
Instagram accounts of those participants in my sample.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/insights you may have!

Sincerely,
Megan

Megan M. Wahl, MDT

PhD Candidate - Public Health
Community and Behavioral Health Promotion
Research Assistant

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Zilber School of Public Health
1240 N 10th St  Milwaukee, WI 53205