[Air-L] Call for Papers: Reframing 'Fake News: Architectures, Influence and Automation

Victoria Nash victoria.nash at oii.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 17 04:19:44 PDT 2017

Policy and Internet<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1944-2866>, the first major peer-reviewed multi-disciplinary journal investigating the impact of the Internet on public policy, is inviting submissions for a special issue on "fake news" to be published in September 2018. The paper submission deadline is 31 October 2017.

The relevance of 'fake news' as it concerns platforms, data, and politics is rising across the internet-related disciplines. Before solutions are further engaged with, however, we feel that a special call is warranted to assemble a collection of cross-disciplinary research to better frame the underlying problems. This special issue seeks to explore key factors (e.g., design choices, data practices, or other policy/regulatory factors) that increase the susceptibility of modern information environments to dis/misinformation, external manipulation, and artificial discourse shaping.

More details here: https://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/news/releases/call-for-papers-policy-and-internet-special-issue-on-reframing-fake-news-architectures-influence-and-automation/ but if you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Dr Victoria Nash
Deputy Director
Oxford Internet Institute
University of Oxford