[Air-L] Imagining the Internet: Fiction, Film, and Theory course reading query

Jillana Enteen jillana at jillana.net
Tue Aug 29 14:39:43 PDT 2017

Hi folks,

I’m updating an undergrad Gender and Sexuality Studies course (so, basically, all readings need to be from a slant of gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality, or location).

It’s going from undergraduate live to online graduate-level.

Any suggestions for important theoretical readings from these lenses?

Films include: Johnny Mnemonic, Nerve, Terms and Conditions May Apply, Ex-Machina and She.
Fiction include cyberpunk and IRL by Doctorow and Wang.

What important essays or collections have made a recent impact? I feel like I’m stuck in the past.

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions! I’m happy to compile a list.

Jillana Enteen
Associate Professor of Instruction
Northwestern University