[Air-L] I've just written about the doxing of the Charlottesville marchers

David Brake davidbrake at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 06:00:49 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Inspired by recent events, I have put out a scholarly-ish blog post here http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2017/08/18/the-dangers-of-doxing-and-the-implications-for-media-regulation/ <http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicyproject/2017/08/18/the-dangers-of-doxing-and-the-implications-for-media-regulation/> giving three reasons why doxing is toxic (yes, even doxing folks who look like nazis) and suggesting how policy-makers might tackle it. I hope you find it interesting and maybe useful for teaching in the upcoming year.

As the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation says in HHGTTG “Share and Enjoy”!
--
Dr David Brake, Researcher and Educator http://davidbrake.org/, @drbrake
Author of "Sharing Our Lives Online: Risks and Exposure in Social Media” https://www.facebook.com/sharingourlivesonline <https://www.facebook.com/sharingourlivesonline>