[Air-L] [University of Oregon's School of Journalism and Communication] 5 TT Positions

Seungahn Nah beatus71 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 08:03:37 PDT 2017

****Apologies for cross-posting*****

The School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon is
seeking five tenure-track faculty members to join our nationally recognized
program that emphasizes experiential learning, strategic thinking, and a
commitment to social progress and diversity. We are accepting applications
now for the following positions: https://journalism.uoregon.edu/ttf-jobs/​
*Tenure-Track Professor of Science/Environment Communication (Open Rank)*
<http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/520585/assistant-or-associate-professor-of-scienceenvironment-communication>:
We are seeking a researcher and teacher with professional experience in
science communication to help lead the SOJC’s efforts to increase the
public’s understanding of science through research, teaching, and
experiential learning. *Application deadline: November 1, 2017*
*Assistant Professor of Social Media Data Analytics*
<http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/520586/assistant-professor-of-social-media-data-analytics>:
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in public relations,
advertising, or strategic communication and will be poised to help position
the SOJC at the forefront of research in social media analysis and digital
strategy. *Application deadline: October 2, 2017*
*Assistant Professor of Media and Intersectionality*
<http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/520582/assistant-professor-of-media-and-intersectionality>:
We’re looking for a candidate with a well-defined research agenda and
published work on the intersections of diversity and inclusion—how media
and communication influence, and are influenced by, such factors as
ethnicity, class, gender, and identity. *Application deadline: October 2,
2017*
*Assistant Professor of Media Studies—Games Studies*
<http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/520583/assistant-professor-of-media-studies-games-studies>:
We are seeking tenure-track applicants in media studies, with an emphasis
in game studies and issues related to digital media and society. The ideal
candidate will be poised to help position the SOJC at the forefront of game
and digital studies research. *Application deadline: October 2, 2017*
*Assistant Professor of Media Studies—Global Media, Technology and Social
Justice*
<http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/520584/assistant-professor-of-media-studies-global-media-technology-and-social-justice>:
We seek an expert in global media and technology studies with an emphasis
on social justice. The ideal candidate will have experience in securing
grants from government and private sources and in teaching undergraduate
courses in global media studies and social justice topics. *Application
deadline: October 2, 2017​​​​*
All the best,

SEUNGAHN

SEUNGAHN NAH, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Graduate Affairs & Research
School of Journalism & Communication
University of Oregon
journalism.uoregon.edu
snah at uoregon.edu || 541-346-2101 (office)

President (2015-2017)
Korean American Communication Association (KACA)
<seungahn.nah at uky.edu>