[Air-L] Data Skills Survey

Demirkol N.O. O.Demirkol at soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 07:57:42 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Do you use data for research investigations, advocacy work or journalism? We want to help you by identifying barriers to working with data and ways to fill skills gaps.

Data Skills Survey: https://bournemouth.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/data-skills-survey

Bournemouth University's Datalabs (http://www.civicmedia.io/datalabs/) and the Centre for Investigative Journalism (http://www.tcij.org/) have a successful history of supporting people in data-based research for a range of purposes including journalism, advocacy, academic papers and community activism. However, support for these skills can be difficult to accurately tailor to different audiences.

By taking just ten minutes to complete this survey, you can help us enable more people from more diverse backgrounds to move their research forward by engaging effectively with data tools and the open data movement.

The incorporation of our research findings will be an important step towards building a more flexible provision of training, teaching and support that can be adapted to the needs of a range of different roles and organisations. Such progress will be necessary if open data transparency is ever to be translated into governmental accountability.

Take the Data Skills Survey: https://bournemouth.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/data-skills-survey?

Thank you all for your attention.

All the best,
Ozlem Demirkol