[Air-L] smartphones/teens/hyperbole

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Aug 26 06:41:05 PDT 2017

Re Galen Panger's comment on the list:

"I actually thought the article was hyperbolic, and I felt disappointed to
see it get so much attention. I think there is reason for some concern,
I would have liked to see the evidence presented less selectively
and one-sidedly."

Heartedly agree. Keith Hampton and I have an article asserting that each
generation thinks that community has been lost as compared to the previous
one. Now, it is mobile phones. Two decades ago, it was the internet.

You can keep tracing this back to Tommy Jefferson in 1787.

And perhaps further.

   Barry Wellman

                  Streisand/Sondheim
                        http://amzn.to/zXZg39