[Air-L] Ethical problem in a Twitter reaserch

Lior Beserman liorbeserman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:46:40 PST 2017

Dear  Air-L Community,

I have encountered an ethical problem which I am sure I am not the first to
encounter and so would appreciate your say on the matter.
I am doing a discourse analysis on a twitter hashtag and I have no way to
discern that I am not using under age (under 18) users tweets.
As there are completely different questions and guidelines to research
minors from an ethical perspective, I was wondering how other people have
dealt with this problem in their research?

Thank you,
Lior Beserman Navon,

Ph.D. Candidate

The Department of Sociology & Anthropology

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem