[Air-L] Virtual communities spanning multiple online platforms

Williams, Betsy A - (betsyw) betsyw at email.arizona.edu
Thu Feb 16 11:22:56 PST 2017

Dear David,

Another direction to go is looking into Siemens and Downes' connectivist MOOCs, which were based around a reading list and had discussion and interaction across multiple platforms.

There's an article that mentions some of the diverse platform use here:  http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/643/1402

I believe that Jeremy Knox's book "Posthumanism and the Massive Open Online Course" (https://www.routledge.com/Posthumanism-and-the-Massive-Open-Online-Course-Contaminating-the-Subject/Knox/p/book/9781138940826) also discusses how that class essentially created a different course for each person, based on which streams they looked at and how they engaged.  Knox also wrote the entry on Massive Open Online Courses for the Encyclopedia of Educational Philosophy and Theory (M. A. Peters (ed.)) that touches on this, http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/978-981-287-532-7_219-1.pdf

Good luck!
Betsy

--
Betsy Williams, Ph.D.