[Air-L] New Arrival! JVWR new issue "Edge" is published!

Tzafnat Shpak tzafnat.shpak at jvwresearch.org
Mon Feb 6 01:46:55 PST 2017

<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=bf73b276b0&e=790f62627f>
View this email in your browser
<http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=6a37bb319c&e=790f62627f>
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=04d4858d8b&e=790f62627f>

We are happy to announce the publication of a NEW ISSUE of the Journal of
Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR):
  Volume 9, Number 3: *Edge*

Issue editor: *Yesha Sivan*, Coller Institute of Venture, Tel Aviv
University, Israel

A collection of 5 papers which suggest new angles and unique points of
view, is presented in this Edge issue. Each of these five papers pushes the
boundaries of the disciplines in a different way. Together, they
demonstrate the dual value of the JVWR, first as a stage to explore the
future of virtual worlds (defined broadly,) and then help to shape the
future of real worlds.
Issue Editor Corner

Learning from the “Edge” of Virtual Worlds
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=2fce1859f9&e=790f62627f>
*Yesha Y. Sivan*
Peer Reviewed Research Papers

Pokémon GO 2016: Exploring Situational Contexts of Critical Incidents in
Augmented Reality
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=f5976b3875&e=790f62627f>
*Tuomas Kari*

Flow in Virtual Worlds: The Interplay of Community and Site Features as
Predictors of Involvement
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=2de5b3b82e&e=790f62627f>
*Valerie Elizabeth Barker*

The Experience Machine: Existential Reflections on Virtual Worlds
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=322d5bcea5&e=790f62627f>
*Stefano Gualeni*

Playful Constructivism: Making Sense of Digital Games for Learning and
Creativity Through Play, Design, and Participation
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=14ab3b100a&e=790f62627f>
*Vittorio Marone*

Restorative Virtual Environment Design for Augmenting Nursing Home
Rehabilitation
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=65bb0a48ba&e=790f62627f>
*Jon Ram Bruun-Pedersen, Stefania Serafin, Lise Busk Kofoed*

------------------------------
More from JVWR

   - The issue is also an invitation for you readers to first explore
   JVWR’s past issues at our website, and then contribute as authors and as
   editors of future special issues.

   - We are looking for *issue editors* to manage the next* Assembled 2017*
   issue. Issue editors take full charge of one issue. The Assembled issue
   is a place for various papers, on the topic of the journal - that are being
   collected during the year and published usually once a year.
   At least 10 papers are already in the system, awaiting your editorial
   skills.
   Each issue is managed by one managing Issue Editor with 2-3 co-editors.
   The managing Issue Editor is the prime contact person and the leader behind
   the issue.
   -

   If you are interested, we'd love hear from you. Please visit For Issue
   Editors
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=81190e7b9e&e=790f62627f>
   page to learn more about becoming a JVWR editor.
   - You are invited to browse JVWR's previous issues
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c941ae9b72&e=790f62627f>
   .
   - Subscribe
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=fe8985392e&e=790f62627f>
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=f73835bde5&e=790f62627f>)
   to receive JVWR news and updates (no spam guaranteed.)
   - Looking forward to hearing from you on twitter
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=6ae734fa09&e=790f62627f>@TheJVWR
   and on our Facebook
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=bd1269fc21&e=790f62627f>
   page (TheJVWR).

Thankfully,

*Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan* Editor In-Chief
  *The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research*
http://jvwresearch.org
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=727896f95f&e=790f62627f>
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=9b150edda0&e=790f62627f>

Edge
Vol. 9, No. 3
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=6bf808327e&e=790f62627f>
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=f6190fc6b5&e=790f62627f>
<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=7b49d61f94&e=790f62627f>
*Copyright © 2017 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.*