[Air-L] May Moscow conference "Internet Beyond Numbers"

Polina Kolozaridi poli.kolozaridi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:06:55 PST 2017

Hi colleagues,

we are glad to introduce our May Moscow conference "Internet Beyond
Numbers", it will be on 23-24 of May.
This year conference is dedicated to qualitative methods and Internet
history.
Conference website: http://internetbeyond.net/en/

Key questions

   - The history of the internet: the development of the networks, local
   cases of technology adoption
   - The alternative networks, intranet, Fidonet as well as local small
   networks
   - Anthropological and ethnographic studies of the internet: how to prove
   or refute the quantitative rates
   - Critical understanding of working with quantitative data: ethical and
   methodological problems
   - Mixed methods using digital tools

We welcome participants to submit proposals on these topics and arrange an
English-speaking session. The deadline is March, 31.

Our mail:* info at internetbeyond.net <info at internetbeyond.net>. *The
application should be written in Russian or English and include: title,
five keywords, annotation (approximately 300-500 words), information about
the author: full name, position / year of study, the name of the
organisation/university.

Please do not hesitate to ask me about any details,

Polina