[Air-L] The 2017 Global Data Journalism Survey

Bahareh Heravi bahareh.heravi at ucd.ie
Tue Feb 21 06:27:52 PST 2017

Dear All,

Here I would like to draw your attention to the *2017 Global Data
Journalism survey*, that myself and Mirko Lorenz from Deutsche Welle are
running.

With the rise and prevalence of the use of data and computational methods
for investigative journalism and storytelling in newsrooms around the
world, we believe it is time to get a good assessment about data driven
journalism.

This survey aims at studying the current state of data journalism in
newsrooms, with the aim of providing theoretical, practical and pedagogical
guidelines for the future of data journalism.

If you are a journalist, investigative journalist, data journalist,
computational journalist, or if you have experience working within or with
newsrooms, I would encourage you to take part in this study. Also if you
know a journalist or a data journalist, we would be grateful if you could
let them know about this study and to spread the word.

The results of this study will be made available publicly.

Please find more info on the survey here:
http://datadrivenjournalism.net/news_and_analysis/2017_globa
l_data_journalism_survey

Direct link to the survey is here: http://bit.ly/ddjstudy2017

Best,
Bahare Heravi and Mirko Lorenz
Dr. Bahareh R. Heravi
Assistant Professor
Postgraduate Director
School of Information and Communication Studies
University College Dublin
Bahareh.net | @Bahareh360