[Air-L] Fishbowl on discursive critique and the digitally mediated public sphere

Unger, Johann j.unger at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 12:17:57 PST 2017

Dear AoIRers,

Feel free to ignore this if you’re not going to this year’s conference.

We are putting together a fishbowl on discursive critique and the digitally mediated public sphere for the next AoIR conference. This will involve juxtaposing people’s ideas about the public sphere from a variety of disciplinary (and interdisciplinary) perspectives, and in particular looking at what critical discursive approaches to digital civic spaces can learn from and have to offer other research traditions.

It is getting rather close to the deadline, but due to a combination of various people not being able to go this year, but not wishing to restrict ourselves to just people we already know, we have a couple of spaces left for initial participants (“fish”). If our proposal is accepted, we very much hope the fishbowl will be of interest to people who are already committed to other events too, but if you are interested in the topic, feel you have something to contribute, and your AoIR dance card is not yet full, please get in touch, and we can send you the draft abstract.

We’re hoping to have the final participants finalised by the middle of Tuesday (UK time), so if you could get in touch by the end of tomorrow (Monday) that would be very helpful.

Best wishes,
Johnny Unger (Lancaster University, UK)
Sten Hansson (University of Tartu, Estonia)
Majid KhosraviNik (Newcastle University, UK)