[Air-L] VR equipment recommendations

Amanda Licastro amanda.licastro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:15:20 PST 2017

Happy Friday everyone,

I am currently working on an internal grant project to increase access to
Virtual Reality technology at my university. We currently have 35 Google
Cardboard viewers, and I implement free content in the classroom (I
recommend NYTVR and InMind).

However, in order for students to create their own content, I need to
purchase 360 degree cameras and editing software. I am also interested in
finding more advanced headsets and haptic feedback gloves for use in the
classroom.

In terms of camera, here are some recommendations I have found:
https://unimersiv.com/post/buy-the-best-360-cameras-345/

In terms of software, Unity seems to be the best platform
https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/virtual-reality . However, I am
not finding a lot of recommendations on editing 360 degree video.

Any and all suggestions or resources are welcome.

Thank you,
Amanda

Amanda Licastro, PhD
Assistant Professor of Digital Rhetoric,
Stevenson University in Maryland
http://digitocentrism.com/
@amandalicastro