[Air-L] Data Science Intensive Training for Ph.D.s

Elijah Wright elijah.wright at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 09:04:20 PST 2017

Because I was playing with it quite a bit recently... check out the
quanteda package in R.  It's got a bunch of very convenient methods pulled
together in one place - things we would have had to think a lot harder
about, or pull in from other packages (porter stemmer, etc) a decade ago.

(If you're reading ML texts you're probably running across more quant
methods than qualitative.... hopefully this gives you a few ways to
shortcut your analysis and spend more time on thinking and less on
drudge-programming... )

--e