[Air-L] Consider submitting your research to Communication Research Reports

Nicholas Bowman Nicholas.Bowman at mail.wvu.edu
Sun Feb 26 13:59:18 PST 2017

Colleagues,

My name is Nick Bowman, and I am the current editor of Communication Research Reports, one of the Communication-focused journals published by Routledge and sponsored by the Eastern Communication Association. I'm writing quickly to encourage submissions to CRR as we enter into our 34th volume of publication - 34(2) will launch in a few weeks. CRR is unique among Communication journals in that we place a focus on short-format reports manuscript of quantitative data, both Research Reports (with a 3500-word cap) and Brief Reports (with a 2000-word cap). This is done to encourage scholars to consider publication of their in-progress and late-breaking research, so that can be shared rapidly among our colleagues. In my editorship, we have been able to turn around editorial decisions on the vast majority of initial submissions within 30 days, in part due to a dedicated editorial board. Notably, we also accept articles on Analysis Spotlights, which include a focus on innovative methods for data collection, analysis, and reporting.

For more information as to our specific editorial focus, I invite you to read my short editorial statement (published in 33(2): http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/08824096.2016.1174536) and most importantly, I'd invite you to read the journal at: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rcrr20/current. Finally, we maintain an active social media presence via Facebook, where we share updates related to publication statistics, editorial board membership, and recent publications: https://www.facebook.com/CRReportsECA/.

Finally, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions about the journal - and I'm eager for your scholarship. =)

Sincerely,

~nick

Nicholas David Bowman, Ph.D.
<http://ndbowman.info/>Associate Professor of Communication Studies
Research Associate, Interaction Lab (#ixlab)
Faculty Senator, Eberly College of Arts & Sciences
West Virginia University
Associate Editor
Journal of Media Psychology

Editor