[Air-L] Job: VAP in Digital Media at Xavier University

Hinck, Ashley hincka at xavier.edu
Mon Feb 27 08:30:07 PST 2017

Hi all,

Xavier is looking to hire a Visiting Assistant Professor with a focus on digital media. The job ad is included below and is also available on Xavier’s website: https://xavier-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=1071&company_id=16433&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992958&startflag=1

Thanks!

-Ashley

--
Ashley Hinck
Assistant Professor

---

Visiting Faculty in the Department of Communication Arts at Xavier University

JOB DESCRIPTION:

The Communication Arts department at Xavier University, a Jesuit-Catholic university, invites applications for a Visiting Faculty member in communication and digital media for Fall 2017-Spring 2018. Pending funding and approval, there will be the opportunity to apply for a tenure-track position the following year. The primary responsibility of this position is teaching a 4-4 course load in our rapidly growing Digital Media major and minor. Courses to be taught include digital design, understanding new media, and our introductory mass communication course.

We seek candidates with both teaching experience and research interests in internet studies, new media, digital media, computer-mediated communication, and/or human-computer interaction. Ideal candidates will also have some expertise in teaching the creation of digital media (production, design, etc.). We are a diverse, energetic department with Advertising, Public Relations, Communication Studies, and Digital Media programs. Candidates may come from a wide range of disciplines, including media studies, rhetoric, communication studies, communication science, mass communication, journalism, etc. Ph.D. preferred, but ABD candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must have a commitment to the teacher-scholar model in a liberal-arts setting.

Our department has embedded community-engaged learning throughout our curricula and they are supported by Xavier University’s culture. The Eigel Center for Community-Engaged Learning supports developing relationships with community partners. Our department has made excellent use of this and other resources, and we look forward to the additional and enhanced collaborations we can develop with a new colleague.

TO APPLY:

For full consideration, applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, brief statement of teaching philosophy and three reference letters by March 31, 2017 on Xavier University’s website: https://xavier-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=1071&company_id=16433&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992958&startflag=1

Please note:  only 5 attachments are allowed per position at step 3 of the application process online.  Consolidate documents if necessary.

Questions and reference letters should be forwarded to ­­­­­­­Wendy Maxian, Department Chair, maxianw at xavier.edu<mailto:maxianw at xavier.edu>.

Job Tracking Code: 1071-433

Xavier University has a strong commitment to diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates, including women and minorities.

Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employee

Job Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States