[Air-L] Decommissioning Online Infrastructures

Isto Huvila isto.huvila at abm.uu.se
Sun Feb 19 22:44:02 PST 2017

Hi,

I can nothing else but join the chorus of the recommenders of Pearce. Inspired by her work (hmm, probably mostly after I started my ‘fieldwork’ and really found it relevant), I studied Google Lively (anyone recalls, probably not :-) and found some similarities and dissimilarities in what happens when an infrastructure is not sustainable in another kind of a context

Huvila, I. "We’ve got a better situation": the Life and Afterlife of Virtual Communities of Google Lively
Journal of Documentation, 2015, 71(3), 526 - 549. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/JD-09-2013-0116?af=R Preprint at http://www.istohuvila.se/node/455

thumbs up with your work,

Isto

Professor
Department of ALM | Institutionen för ABM
Uppsala University | Uppsala universitet
(t) +46 18  471 34 20
(m) +46 70 167 94 70
(e) firstname.lastname at abm.uu.se<mailto:firstname.lastname at abm.uu.se>
(w) www.istohuvila.se<http://www.istohuvila.se/>