[Air-L] Ethics in studying reddit postings

Rhiannon Bury bury417 at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 23 10:33:06 PST 2017

I have done research with public forums in the past (HBO, Television with out Pity). If I am not conducting empirical research with human subjects, i.e. contacting  anyone directly  to survey or interview them,) then I consider the research to be  discourse analysis and treat the posts like text. I fully anonymized it, using none of the header information and refering  to the poster by number (e.g. R1, R2 etc).