[Air-L] Queer Internet Studies 2 Symposium -- Registration Now Open

Jack Jen Gieseking jgieseking at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:07:01 PST 2017

We are announcing the second round of the Queer Internet Studies Symposium,
which I am co-organizing with Jessa Lingel. It's a one-day event scheduled
for February 17th at UPenn. Read more about QIS2 here:
http://jgieseking.org/qis2/.

The goal of the day’s conversation is to broaden our thinking about the
internet: to think about intersections of technology and media, sexuality
and queering, gender and feminism. The final schedule is still being
determined, but we're hoping to have a mix of sharing research, making art
and developing an interdisciplinary conversation of what Queer Internet
Studies might mean for research, policy and activist agendas. Presenters
and panelists include TL Cowan, Oliver Haimson, Adrienne Shaw, Carmen Rios,
Mia Fischer, Mitali Thakor, Shaka McGlotten, and Katherine Sender, and all
in attendance will be asked to take part in workshops and dialogues
throughout the day.

QIS2 will be held at the Institute for Contemporary Art on Penn’s campus.
As mentioned above, attendance is small to mid-sized, around 50-60 people,
coming from a range of fields and disciplines. If you have questions or
need more info, don't hesitate to let one of us know. Registration is very
much free and can be done via this Google form.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScsc56bcoB8W1ipj-1Tri9ksWQiGPRrtf68HY8UvoeUxyU5eQ/viewform?usp=send_form>
We hope you can attend! And we wish you the best of luck in your workshop!

Jack + Jessa

--
Jen Jack Gieseking
Assistant Professor of Public Humanities

Recently out: We Never Left Laramie: White LGBTQ Consciousness
Post-Election 2016
<https://www.thesociologicalreview.com/blog/we-never-left-laramie-white-lgbtq-consciousness-post-election-2016.html>
in *The Sociological Review* Rapid Response Post-Election Edition