[Air-L] Submission site for AoIR 2017: Networked Publics now open!

Andra Siibak andra.siibak at ut.ee
Sat Jan 21 03:26:24 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to open submissions for proposals for AoIR 2017:
Networked Publics (Tartu, Estonia, 18 - 21 October, 2017). To
re-familiarize yourself with the call for proposals and types of
submissions solicited, please see here:
https://aoir.org/aoir2017/subinfo2017/ [1].

Accepted paper and panel submissions will be included in our open access
conference paper archive, Selected Papers of Internet Research (SPIR).
SPIR helps us further publicize the work of our members and introduce
our research to a wider audience. All submissions must therefore follow
our SPIR formatting requirements, which includes a consistent header and
style format for the papers that will enable people to easily locate
author and title information, identify the papers as part of the AoIR
conference. This format is only intended to bring consistency to basic
elements (such as typeface and spacing), not to impose any disciplinary
constraints. You can
download a Word template here:
https://aoir.org/aoir2017/aoir2017sub_temp/ [2].

Please note that if you submitted a proposal to the conference through
ConfTool last year, you will need to re-register.

When submitting, please take the time to read the submission categories
and topics carefully. In the interest of diversity and collegiality,
each conference participant is limited to presenting one individual
paper and one paper in a panel, and to participating in one roundtable.
You can be a co-author on additional papers, but you must not be the
scheduled presenter of these papers.

If you have any questions about the submission process, please email
aoir2017 at aoir.org. We look forward to seeing your proposals.

Click below to go to the submission site:
https://www.conftool.com/aoir2017 [3].

We look forward to your proposals and to a vibrant and stimulating
conference in Tartu!

Sincerely,

Andra Siibak
AoIR2017 conference chair, on behalf of the program committee
----
AoIR2017: Networked Publics
http://aoir.org/aoir2017/ [4]

Important Deadlines:
1 MARCH 2017 Submissions due for EXTENDED ABSTRACTS, PANELS, ROUNDTABLES
and FISHBOWLS, EXPERIMENTAL SESSIONS, and PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS
1 APRIL 2017 Nominations for Nancy Baym Book award and Best Dissertation
Award due
20 MAY 2017 Applications due for conference travel SCHOLARSHIPS and for
DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM
1 AUGUST 2017 Early Bird Registration Deadline for all presenters
30 SEPTEMBER 2017 Deadline for uploading accepted, non-blind, final
version of paper and panel submissions

 -------------------

Andra Siibak

Professor of Media Studies

Head of research - Center for the Information Society

University of Tartu

Links:
------
[1] https://aoir.org/aoir2017/subinfo2017