[Air-L] Stanford Liberationtech List Reminder

Yosem Companys companys at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 31 21:11:15 PST 2017

We are Stanford Liberationtech. We are housed in the Freeman Spogli
Institute in the Center for Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law.

Our home page is here: http://cddrl.fsi.stanford.edu/libtech.

To sign up to our 4K-strong mailing list, click here:

We have also curated a list of Liberationtech content at
https://twitter.com/Liberationtech.

If you prefer to read our list as a newspaper, you could always check our
Paper.li account: http://paper.li/Liberationtech#/

Our Liberationtech blog has been dead for a while, but we are working on
reviving it. If you are interested in helping out, please let us know.

We also have a series of listservs on topics related to Liberationtech. The
most important lists are the following:

   tiontech-events
   - Jobs: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech-jobs

For the aforementioned lists, we try to compile a list of all events, job
opportunities, and call for papers related to Liberationtech from all over
the world.

It's not a comprehensive list, so your assistance would be helpful. If you
hear of a job, event, or cfp that would be of benefit to Liberationtech
subscribers, please let us know.

Finally, we want to take Liberationtech to the next level. What that means,
we don't know. But the world has changed a lot since we started back in
2008: Censorship is on the rise. Internet freedom is on the decline. And we
have become much more of a community of hackers and cybersecurity
professionals who seek to protect vulnerable communities around the world.

So if you have ideas of projects you would like to see us take on, please
let us know. We want the Liberationtech community to drive the process. Any
idea is welcome. Dream big or small. Just let us know how you think we can
best help.

Thanks,
Yosem
(One of the moderators)