[Air-L] Giving Voice (MIT Press) Introduction Available

Meryl Alper m.alper at northeastern.edu
Mon Jan 9 09:21:13 PST 2017

Hi all,

Beyond Meryl Streep calling out Trump’s mimicry of reporter Serge Kovaleski
at last night’s Golden Globes, we need a nuanced discussion about the
policies impacting people with disabilities, infringements upon their
communication rights, and the implications for free speech in society writ
large.

My book *Giving Voice: Mobile Communication, Disability, and Inequality*
(MIT Press, 2017) is intended to move that conversation forward, and I’m
happy to share that the Introduction is now free online through MIT Press:
http://bit.ly/giving_voice_intro

If you like what you read, there’s plenty more in the full book, available
for pre-order on Amazon: http://bit.ly/giving_voice_amazon

​

Best,​

​Meryl​

--
*Meryl Alper*
Assistant Professor
m.alper at northeastern.edu
merylalper.com
COMING SOON:
*Giving Voice: Mobile Communication, Disability, and Inequality*(MIT Press
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/giving-voice>, Pre-Order on Amazon
<https://www.amazon.com/Giving-Voice-Communication-Disability-Inequality/dp/0262035588/>
)