[Air-L] Literature recommendation on Social Media and Crowdsourcing in Cultural Heritage Studies

Gabriela Avram gabriela.avram at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 08:24:57 PST 2017

Dear Volodymyr,
What comes to mind immediately are Nina Simon's Participatory Museum:
http://www.participatorymuseum.org/read/
Her blog has a lot of examples of social media usage in museums:
http://museumtwo.blogspot.ie

An then the book edited by Elisa Giaccardi:
Heritage and Social Media: Understanding Heritage in a Participatory Culture
You can find excerpts of it as a Google book.

These 2 papers might also be of interest:
Johan Oomen and Lora Aroyo. 2011. Crowdsourcing in the cultural heritage
domain: opportunities and challenges. In *Proceedings of the 5th
International Conference on Communities and Technologies* (C&T '11). ACM,
New York, NY, USA, 138-149.

B. Jensen, "Instagram as cultural heritage: User participation, historical
documentation, and curating in Museums and archives through social
media," *2013
Digital Heritage International Congress (DigitalHeritage)*, Marseille,
2013, pp. 311-314.
doi: 10.1109/DigitalHeritage.2013.6744769

Browsing the archives of Museums and the Web
http://www.museumsandtheweb.com/bibliography/
might also prove useful.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,