[Air-L] Facebook Post Content Analysis

Scott MacLeod scott at scottmacleod.com
Tue Jan 17 09:08:27 PST 2017

Hi Jessika and AoIRs,

Here's a helpful, succinct overview of Alice Marwick's thinking in a
NYTs' book review of her "STATUS UPDATE: Celebrity, Publicity, and
Branding in the Social Media Age"
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/books/review/alice-e-marwicks-status-update.html
(Yale University Press 2013). She's a Foucauldian. Developing questions
from her analytical terms could provide helpful approaches to developing
related methods and techniques for interpreting data, where the social
media "field" (as place?) at this point is still web pages.

Best,
Scott

https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch
https://twitter.com/HarbinBook