[Air-L] Do you have Twitter assignments?

Carmel Vaisman carmelv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 21:37:43 PDT 2017

Hi Franklin,

It's not exactly a Twitter assignment but I ask students to tweet papers
from the syllabus, that is a rhetorical exercise to see if they can
summarize the main argument and even find space for their own stance under
a commentary hashtag. They love the challenge, they think it is easier than
turning in a one page summary but it actually isn't, and it is a good way
to make sure they read and understand for any class not just a digital
media one.

I sometimes use it to help them think from different stances too, instead
of simply asking what Marx or Foucault would have said about this and that
i ask them to produce a Marxist/postmodern tweet about it, like those
satiric accounts that try to guess what dead philosophers would have said
nowadays...

Enjoy!

Carmel Vaisman, PhD.
http://www.absolutecarmel.com
Twitter: @carmelva

Dear Colleagues: Do any of you have any meaningful and effective Twitter