[Air-L] Question about communication history

Kelly Quinn kquinn8 at uic.edu
Thu Jul 20 20:15:09 PDT 2017

Hi Alex,

Not exactly the time period in question, but these two works will take up to just prior to the Civil War (mid 1840's), so possibly of use:

Richard John's history of the US Postal Service, Spreading the News

Daniel Walker Howe's history of the expansion of US early telecommunications and transportation infrastructures, What Hath God Wrought

Best,

Kelly

---
Kelly Quinn, PhD
Clinical Assistant Professor and Graduate Instructor Coordinator
Department of Communication
University of Illinois at Chicago