[Air-L] [Transcripts] Software Recommendations

Brian Dear brian at platohistory.org
Wed Jul 26 15:13:07 PDT 2017

I assume you mean a tool that helps you productively type transcripts — not some AI software that “listens” and converts speech to text. If my assumption is correct, read on:

Over a number of years I did millions of words of interview transcripts using Transcriva[1] for MacOS X for my upcoming book on the history of the PLATO system. I've used it for regular MP3 interview recordings, as well as transcribing .MOV and .MP4 videos of things like conference panel sessions.

I’ve been a longtime fan of Transcriva. It’s worth a look.

- Brian

[1] http://www.bartastechnologies.com/products/transcriva/