[Air-L] Sort the Shelves - A UCL Research Study

Shekhar, Sid sid.shekhar.16 at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 31 08:33:19 PDT 2017

Hello All,

My name is Sid Shekhar and I am a student researcher at the Department of Information Studies at University College London (UCL) where a staff member and I are studying the difference between people's preferences between books that they have read and book covers of books that they haven't read to develop a new system for recommending books to new readers.

Whether you have highly refined book tastes or simply have 5 minutes to spare - here is a fun little web application where you can 'sort the shelves' and reorder the books to reflect your preferences:

www.sidshekhar.com/bookshelf<http://www.sidshekhar.com/bookshelf>

You taking a few minutes out of your day to visit the link above and complete the 4 short tasks on the website would be a huge help to our research as we are trying to gather book preference data from as many people as possible. We would love to hear any feedback you have as well.

All data collected will be kept anonymised and private.

Thanks so much in advance for taking the time!

Sid Shekhar