[Air-L] Do you have Twitter assignments?

Diana Ascher dianaascher at ucla.edu
Mon Jul 10 11:08:58 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I do something similar. I divide the class into groups and ask each group to find the profile of one individual (someone not in the class) on three different social media platforms (usually Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or Instagram). I then ask each group to create and present to the class a comprehensive user persona that reflects what’s been learned about the individual across all three platforms. As a class, we discuss the differences and similarities across the platforms, with a focus on the assumptions and biases inherent in the platforms, how the structural constraints and user information practices of each platform shape online personas and our perception, and the possible motivations for individuals who share different types of information in each channel.

Hope this is helpful!

Best,

Diana

Diana L. Ascher, MBA