[Air-L] Meme Tracking

Jean Burgess je.burgess at qut.edu.au
Sun Jun 11 20:11:48 PDT 2017

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3572/3685762238_8843196b53.jpg

On 11/6/17, 5:21 am, "Air-L on behalf of Robert W Gehl" <air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org on behalf of lists at robertwgehl.org> wrote:

    I am not a meme scholar, but I think there is quite a bit of validity in
    taking seriously what people do on the Internet, as well as how they
    describe their own activities. One of those things they do is traffic in
    something they refer to as "memes." Perhaps all of those people who
    refer to those objects as "memes" are out of their depths in their
    understanding of social science, and yet they continue to make, share,
    and take meaning from these things called "memes." I have no advice for
    meme tracking, but I do have advice for studying them: do so, because
    they are part of human activity that matters, whether the word is right
    or wrong.

    See:
    https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_picture.pl?l=english&rais=1&oiu=http%3A%2F%2F68.media.tumblr.com%2F654ddf051c94d4c099a3a96641006159%2Ftumblr_optspwxfiH1vntq6no1_1280.png&sp=7268cc951930ae53482a81dbdbbd07f1

    - Rob Gehl