[Air-L] New issue of the Journal of Media Innovations

Anders Fagerjord anders.fagerjord at media.uio.no
Thu Jun 1 00:53:06 PDT 2017

Dear colleague,

You may be interested in the new issue of the Journal of Media Innovations we just published. (And my apologies if you get multiple versions of this e-mail.)

https://journals.uio.no/index.php/TJMI/index

Theme issue: Fourth International Symposium of Media Innovations
Guest editors: Wendy van den Broeck and Iris Jennes
An open access publication sponsored by the University of Oslo.

Contents:

ARTICLES
Charles Davis,	Emilia Zboralska:
Transnational over-the-top media distribution as a business and policy disruptor: The case of Netflix in Canada

Reinhard Kunz, Joschka Mütterlein, Vanessa Walton:
Organizational Choices and Venturing Modes: An Analysis of Corporate Venture Capital Activities in Legacy Media

Sari Virta, Nando Malmelin:
Ambidextrous tensions: Dynamics of creative work in the media innovation process	PDF

Carl-Gustav Lindén:
Algorithms for journalism: The future of news work	PDF

RESEARCH BRIEF
Lucy Küng:
Reflections on the ascendancy of technology in the media and its implications for organisations and their leaders.	PDF

BOOK REVEIW
Melanie Hellwig reviews Enli, Gunn (2015). Mediated Authenticity. How the Media Constructs Reality.

Happy reading,

Anders Fagerjord, dr.art.
Associate professor in Media and Communication

Director, Center for Research on Media Innovations.

Department of Media and Communication
University of Oslo

My latest book, Digital Humanities, is now available from Polity: http://politybooks.com/bookdetail/?isbn=9780745697659