[Air-L] Big Data from the South: reserve your (free) ticket

lists at stefaniamilan.net lists at stefaniamilan.net
Wed Jun 14 04:15:14 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues

((apologies for cross-posting))

if you plan to attend IAMCR 2017 in Cartagena, Colombia, please consider
participating to an exciting pre-conference on July 15: "Big Data from
the South: From media to mediations, from datafication to data
activism". We want to rethink 'big data' and related scholarship from an
'epistemology(ies) of the South' perspective.

Reserve your ticket online: http://bit.ly/2tkMJ8l
It is free of change but seating is limited!

The event is organized by Emiliano Trerè (Scuola Normale Superiore),
Stefania Milan and Guillen Torres (University of Amsterdam). It is
sponsored by the DATACTIVE project (data-activism.net)/the European
Research Council, Foundación Karisma (https://karisma.org.co/) and the
Law School of the Universidad del Rosario (Bogotá, Colombia). The line
up is impressive: check the preliminary program here:
http://bit.ly/2tkMJ8l. Read the event description:
http://cartagena2017.iamcr.org/big-data/

We look forward to see you in Cartagena!
Best, Stefania, Emiliano and Guillen

Stefania Milan, PhD
University of Amsterdam || mediastudies.nl ||
Principal Investigator, DATACTIVE || data-activism.net
Councilor, Generic Names Supporting Organization, ICANN
mobile: [31] 62 7875 425 (NL) || [1] 647 - 973 - 6533 (CA) || [+39] 333
- 2309945 (I)
stefaniamilan.net || @annliffey

fingerprint: 7606 4526 3D24 20B2 C850  EA42 A497 CB70 04B5 A3B