[Air-L] How many new Facebook friendships per month? Year? Has anyone got data on this?

Nicholas John n.john at huji.ac.il
Thu Jun 22 02:03:21 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I really need to know how many new Facebook friendships people make per week, month, year, or whatever unit of time data are available for.
I imagine that new users make lots all at once, and that then it flattens out, but I’ve got no idea on average how many new Facebook ties are made by people every month or whatever.
Does anyone know? Has anyone seen data on this anywhere?
Thanks in advance,
Nik

Nicholas John
Department of Communication